Wisconsin State Water Ski Show Championships
Red Sands Beach | Lake Wazeecha | South Wood County Park | Wisconsin Rapids
General Tournament Information & Requirements
Full concession will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 6:00am to 4:00pm. Limited concessions available on Thursday. The Beer Tent will open Thursday at 10:00am and on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 8:00am. It will remain open until 30 minutes after the last event of the day. Persons age 12-20 will not be allowed in the beer tent, not even with a parent or guardian.
No one will be allowed into the Beer Tent area until posted opening times and security is on site. Please do not enter the Beer Tent area until the proper authorities are in place.
Boats, equipment trailers, travel trailer, or RVs will not be allowed in the main parking lots. The playground area west of the Stone Shelter House is reserved specifically for all equipment vehicles and trailers. You may only park your boats, equipment trailers, and floaters (no personal vehicles) in this area on the day of your performance. Parking passes for this area will be distributed at the mandatory meeting.
You may receive an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for failure to comply with the parking rules.
Parking space is at a premium, and your cooperation is appreciated. There is a dedicated entrance to the Equipment Lot at the Open Shelter on South Park Road. Parking attendants will control and monitor this area. Please honor all No Parking signs on South Park Road and 72nd Street South. Vehicles may be ticketed and towed at th owner's expense for failure to comply.
If you need a place to park your equipment , you may use the Aqua Skier shed lot at 8055 Deer Road. This lot is not secure. You assume any and all responsibility for parking your equipment, boats, and trailers at the Aqua Skier shed lot. Contact Mike Wiberg via email or phone call to (715) 459-5000.
There are absolutely no carry-ins, food or otherwise, allowed in the tournament area including all parking lots. The lots will be patrolled by parking personnel. The Wood County Sheriff or Grand Rapids Police may be called to deal with alcohol-related incidents. Parking personnel will ask that any food carry-ins be removed.
Open or concealed weapons are strictly prohibited at the ski site (tournament area including all parking lots).
Both tournaments (state and regional) are NSSA Class A sanctioned by USA Water Ski & Wake Sports, consisting of Division I, II, and III.
- All competing teams and events competitors must be affiliated with USA Water Ski & Wake Sports.
- All Wisconsin teams and events competitors must also be affiliated with the WWSF.
- The Officials/Team Lineup sheet and WWSF website contain the complete officials list for this tournament.
- The host team (Aqua Skiers) has contracted with Atomic Fusion Productions for the sound system. They will provide all required equipment per SCR 9.09 and 9.10.
- Per SCR 9.08 the performance platform is 20' X 40'.
- All boats must meet all applicable boating laws of the state of Wisconsin.
Per SCR 4.03 provisions for Weather Delays shall be specified in the tournament announcement. The WWSF website shall serve as the tournament announcement.
The schedule of teams after a delay will be as follows:
- All teams will the exception of Division III will remain in the original running order. Division III teams will move to a time determined by the Chief Judge and tournament host.
- We will ski to the end of the day as boating laws permit, regarding daylight and safety. Special events will be preempted.
- We will begin the next day with the next team in the running order from the previous day. The starting time of the tournament may be adjusted to start earlier in the day for the purpose of getting back on schedule.
- If the tournament cannot be finished as scheduled, an additional day(s) may be added (i.e. Monday) with teams to ski to finish the original running order.
- If the Individual Events Competition is delayed and cannot be made up during the tournament, it will be completed after the last show (on Sunday or Monday), time permitting.